Run It Once Poker, established in 2016, was founded with an idea to provide a legitimate alternative for online poker enthusiasts, distinguished by respect for the community and a commitment to the health of the poker ecology.
As the Manual QA Tester, you will work closely with our development teams to ensure quality and high standards of their work against requirements and functionality specifications. Some development knowledge is a huge benefit to be able to perform well in this role. Patience and good communication skills are important to own issues and help achieve a solution.
Previous working experience in Agile environments is also a huge benefit.
As a startup company, we all work together to achieve results, so you will also work and assist with other departments when needed. This would include working on various tasks to understand their needs and processes, and help spec out the features and ways to automate these tasks. This will also help in developing a good understanding of what to expect and how to QA the work then delivered by the development teams.
- Create and document test cases
- Provide feedback and direction to the Agile development teams and stakeholders throughout the project and create bug tickets
- Analyse project documentation (business requirements and functional specifications)
- Work with other teams and departments to help write new functionality and requirement specifications, mainly to help automate their manual work
- Maintain all information documented and updated
- Work closely with creative teams to find high quality solutions faster
- Ensure all bug tickets created have all necessary information
- Take ownership of bug finding and different areas of the application
- Coordinate with other QA testers and engineers to test new features and identify regressions
- Helping other colleagues achieve their best, and overcome their technical problems
Coordinate with available employees across departments to ensure that regular testing of the app in multiple environments (Development and Staging) occurs
- Perform general bug testing, reporting new issues and confirming fixes to previous bugs
- Assist the Operations team in performing testing of specific Back Office functions and reports
- Work with Product and PRM to perform testing of specific features and functions within the app
- Develop and maintain test checklists for each new Development and Staging build
- Advise stakeholders on the current state of the application
- Review newly created tickets, requesting additional information when needed or approving them for development
- Test and verify fixes provided from the development team
- Strong solution-oriented thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Detailed and a perfectionist approach
It’s good to know and have
- Previous experience in testing software
- Experience with various Operating Systems and environments
- Agile methodologies (SCRUM and Kanban)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of poker rules and terminology